Well Margaret. Harold is doing well. We have a long way to go, but the doctors say it is going the way they had hoped. I read in the newspaper today that the House of Representatives has finally put forth a bill on healthcare reform that might go to vote next week. Evidently there is still much work to be done to reconcile differences between this version and the one the Senate is working on, but it seems to be another milestone in what has otherwise been miles of stones. I find it odd that we expected instant gratification on something this important. Of course it was going to take more than a few months to work on. Thank you for reminding me to read the paper and get off the 24-hour boob- tube news channels. The paper is just so much more civilized – and you are right - I was getting a bit bitchy in my old age.
The guy in the other bed has the blasted TV blaring at all hours and on more than one occasion it has been tuned to Fox News. If this keeps up, they might have to admit me to this damned place. Even when he does have my cutie patootie Anderson Cooper on, I still can’t calm down. They make a mountain out of a mole hill or most recently a hot air balloon into a death trap without giving a moment’s thought. At least the newspaper has 24 hours to digest and then report the news. Those TV people just get diarrhea of the mouth and then the shit gets everywhere. News as it is happening is not news. It’s an observation without much thought.
Here are my thoughts – for what they are worth:
- Even if he got it for remembering to leave the seat down for Michelle and the girls, Barack Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize is a good thing. Don’t we want the United States to be seen as an instrument of peace in the world? Erick Erickson probably had trouble spelling his own name in grade school and Michael Steele is clueless as to the irony of his job title.
- The little boy didn’t get into the balloon. End of story. To report anything more is helping a means to an end that leads to a reality show none of us needs to see.
- Sarah Palin wrote a book. It was co-authored by a million monkeys on a million typewriters.
- Is Jay Leno at 10PM really all that different from Jay Leno at 11PM? What network executive came up with that stroke of genius?
- The Boston Tea Party was a key event in the growth of the American Revolution. The British Parliament responded in 1774 with the Coercive Acts and the Colonists in turn responded to the Coercive Acts by convening the First Continental Congress. The crisis escalated, and the American Revolutionary War began near Boston in 1775. The 9-12 Project, by comparison, was proof positive that people who watch Glen Beck can’t spell.
- The only person I like less than Rick Perry is Dick Cheney. What a shame Kay Bailey Hutchison has lost her sense of smell because that is one big pile of shit she just stepped into.
- Palin having an opinion about Levi Johnson “selling his body” is like Roman Polanski having an opinion about Woody Allen’s choice in girlfriends. Pot meet Kettle.
- John and Kate minus eight equals one jackass and the woman who deserves him.
- Give Rush Limbaugh a football team. Who better than he understands the effects of massive head injuries?
I get that these news channels have to fill up 24 hours worth of programming. But what exactly would be wrong with filling up today’s 24 hours with thoughtful reporting on what happened during yesterday’s 24 hours? Anything else really is just opinions disguised as news.
Thanks for stopping by everyone. Hug your loved ones every chance you get. I mean it. Really.